CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

I Am Back In Business

Copyright © Lawren Smith

Master Internet Marketing For Less Than $10 Bucks


I have been away from my business for about a week. I just moved and I had no access to the internet.

I don’t know what it is with many of the companies that provide a service; such as, the cable companies. On three different occasions, the internet service provider, who also provides my home cable, either canceled or rescheduled my appointment on three different occasions. The cancellation occurred without me even knowing about it. It wasn’t until the window of the scheduled appointment had almost passed that I called and was told by the representative that it was canceled. What made things worse was the technician stated that he canceled the appointment because no one was home. Well, I was home all day. He also said that he tried to call me and left a notice on my door. None of these events took place. There was no phone call or no notice on my door. What made this whole scenario worse is that the policy of this internet service provider is to believe the technician over the customer. Hmmm I had always been told that it was the customer who is always right. It just goes to show how much things have changed with businesses that supposedly provide a service.

But, I am back online and I am glad to be back. Although I have been away from my business activities for about a week, I missed it. Also, I am still early in my business; therefore, I feel any amount of time I am away, can impact the performance of my business.

Luckily, I did have some things in place that allowed people to continue to visit my web site. During the time I was out, I had four people visit my web site and one person signup as a member. I was away but my business continued to grow. I can just imagine as I continue to put out more of my footprints on the internet, the number of visitors to my web site will continue to grow.

This proves to me, and should prove to others, that if you treat your business as a business, and you are consistent and persistent in your marketing efforts, in time, your business will respond positively.

What I mean by this is that people will effortlessly show up at your web site and either join your business opportunity or purchase your products or both. It can be that easy, but first, you have to do the work. After all, this is your business and nothing worth while is for free.

In the upcoming weeks, I will be working very hard on trying to increase traffic to my web site. I have gotten behind in my activities. For example, I have not updated either one of my blogs, posted to forums, I have tons of emails to respond to, update many of the social networking sites I am a member of, and my Veretekk account has not been managed. All of these activities have been neglected during my absence. I intend to address these activities first and then incorporate some new activities. Two of the activities are press releases and pay-per-click search engines.

I talked to one of the members in my downline and she was telling me about the press releases she is doing to help her business. I had always known that press releases were a good method of marketing to use, but just could not find time to implement it.

Another thing she mentioned was pay-per-click search engines. Now, we have all heard of google and yahoo. These are the most popular and thus the more expensive pay-per-click sites. But did you know that there are some other pay-per-click search engines that are not nearly as expensive, but are just as effective; depending on how well you set them up? One of the pay-per-click sites I am looking at is goclick.com. You can setup an account for as low as $10.00. There are many other pay-per-click search engine sites; such as, Enhance, 7Search, and Search123, to name a few. Research and select a few. It can’t hurt because many of them are very cheap.

Conclusion:
There is so much to do and so little time. Thus, I will spend much of my time working hard to catch up with my business and then engage in the other activities that I mentioned above.

Having a business is a lot of work; especially in the beginning. This is why having passion about your business; meaning having a strong why is so important. Your “why” should be something other than just money. If it isn’t, more than likely if you encounter a bump in the road, it could cause you to quit, so be sure you have a strong “why” like your family or better quality of life, or even like my reason; I want freedom. I want to be in control of my life where I select what to do every day. In addition, since I have never been a morning person, I would love to have the opportunity where I am able to get up when I am finished sleeping, not before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lawren Smith is a member of $9.97MakeMoneyNow and writes on a variety of subjects. To learn more about this topic, Lawren recommends you visit:

Ride With The Purple Cowboys!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

0 comments: