CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Work Hard and Reap The Benefits

Copyright © Lawren Smith

Master Internet Marketing For Less Than $10 Bucks

Well here we are, our first week into the new year of 2008 and already this has been a fantastic week in my business. I suspect it has to do with the fact that I have been applying myself whole-heartedly to my business. Because of this, I am starting to reap the benefits of my hard work. I think I am also growing as a business person. I have been told by other members in Purple Cowboy Marketing that in the short time I have been a member, they can see that I have grown. Sometimes, others see more in you than you see in yourself.

As a member of an MLM called Herbalife, I was once told by, I believe, Jim Rohn, that you should work if you want to have a successful business, you need to work harder on yourself than you do on your business. I just keep applying myself to my business every day. My mother called me this evening and told me how proud she is of me. She has seen me through ups and downs in my business. There have been days when I have cried because I was having such a difficult time, but I have hung in there and I continue to keep trying and will continue to work on myself and my business until I achieve success in my business. My business is not just about me. There are others that matter more to me and it is because of them that I continue to hang in there.

My Gano Excel Retail Business

I discovered this week why no one has purchased any products from my web site. A customer called me to tell me that he had tried to purchase some products from my web site and encountered an error. I went to the web site and tried to purchase some products and I too received the same error message. I immediately contacted support from the company I purchased the web site. Within an hour or less, I received an email from them stating that when I registered my domain name, HealthyCoffeeBreakz.com, I did something wrong in the setup. I corrected the problem and returned to the web site to purchase some products and everything worked fine.

I am so mad at myself. One of the members in my group told me that it states in the documentation to not do what I went on ahead and did. One of my problems is because I am so short on time; I am always hurrying to do something. I try to squeeze so much in a little bit of time. I should have at least read the documentation, but did I? Nope and I paid for this.

I also should have tested everything first before I advertised the web site, but what is they say? “Live and Learn”. I have to chalk this up as a learning experience. No reason to fret and harbor feelings of anger at myself. I am only human and I just made a mistake. I am sure there are many more mistakes and failures to come. I just hope that I can get back up and keep trying.

It is a good thing that I did test it because today a customer called me asking for more about the products. I talked to him a little bit and referred him to my web site. Since I now that the web site is fully operational, I am not worrying.

One of the things I need to work on is my follow-up skills. Being such a shy person, this is going to be another learning curve for me. Working on my follow-up will give me the opportunity to work on my communication skills. Follow-up is more important than getting new customers. My existing customers will help me to get referrals for my business. It is a lot easier to work with existing customers than to find new customers. I look forward to the opportunity.

Veretekk is Still Rockin’ and Rollin’

Veretekk is still doing very well. Today, I just checked my leads and I had over 4000 leads in my Veretekk system. I uploaded last week’s leads into my autoresponder in Veretekk. It also looks as if the letters that I created for the autoresponder are being sent out. I received a copy of one of them that had been sent to someone in my autoresponder.

I am considering changing the letters in the autoresponder. I have some other letters I have on my computer. These letters were used in the MLM I was a member of. I am looking at revamping them and possibly using them instead of using the current letters I have in my autoresponder.

Networking Works

I am a member of a number of networking sites. I participate in MySpace, Facebook, and Squidoo, to name a few. But, I am also a member of DirectMatches, which is one of the additional streams of income for Purple Cowboy Marketing.

This week someone signed as a member of my group because they saw one of my advertisements in DirectMatches. She also went on and signed up under me in DirectMatches. Another woman also signed up under me in Purple Cowboy Marketing because she saw some of my postings in another networking site called JumpUp. She too signed up under me in DirectMatches and in Veretekk. I also had someone who received one of my letters from Veretekk and he has signed up under me in Gano Excel as well as Veretekk. I won’t go on because I think you get the idea. As I market my Purple Cowboy web site, many of them go on and sign-up in the other streams of income. This is how our system works. Like most businesses, things start out slow, but you have to hang in there and wait. When you do the work, after a while, things start to pick up. This is what is starting to happen in my business.

How Our Economy Affects Home-Based Business Opportunities

Many economists are predicting that the year 2008 is going to be a difficult year for many companies. This means that many people will also begin to suffer the ill effects of the economy.

With the gas prices increasing, the cost of living increasing, real estate suffering in most states, and who knows what else awaits over the horizon, not to mention people’s paychecks not keeping up with the cost of living, the economists predictions couldn’t come at a worse time.

The upside to this news is that home-based businesses usually do very well during times when the economy is not doing so well. Many people will begin to look for other means of income. Thus, those currently involved with home-based business opportunities are in the right place.

I, for one, am working extra hard on my business. I want to available to those who are looking for a way out of their misery. Many of them will or already have lost their jobs. My brother was told that there are layoffs going on at his company and my cousin’s husband lost his job just before the holidays. So, things are already off to a bleak start in 2008.

I want to help as many people as I can. Helping others is the best part about having a home-based business. You get an opportunity to make other people’s dreams come true. I was told today that having a business is really not about you, but about the people you introduce your business to. I totally agree. If it wasn’t for the wonderful people I meet and share my opportunity with, I would not have a business. I am very thankful.

Conclusion

Well, this has been a crazy and exciting week. I have been getting more phone calls from people either asking to a part of my business or from those who have already joined my business and need my help in getting them started. I am also getting more emails from many members in my group.

Another factor I may not have mentioned and maybe I have is that I created a newsletter that I send out to members in my group. This is one way I stay in communication with the members in my group which now is moving closer to being 40 members. It is because of this newsletter that someone who has been in my group for a while has started marketing his web site. I received an email from him recently.

For those who are not sure whether to start a business of your own, I suggest you first do your research and look for the right opportunity for you. I am quite sure that within the upcoming years, work from home businesses will be the norm and those who get in early are going to become very wealthy. Don’t wait. Get started now.

Jobs are no longer secure; downsizing seem to be the norm now. I have been through 6 downsizing and I have been downsized in 3 of them. Getting downsized is not a fun experience. If you get started now, you will acquire some new skills and you may find yourself in the same situation I am. I have been told a couple of times, by other business owners that since I have gotten the taste of having my own business, I have changed. My experience in running my own business has made me no longer employable. That sounds good to me. I am ready to make the move from employee to boss. The transition can’t happen fast enough for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lawren Smith is a member of $9.97MakeMoneyNow and writes on a variety of subjects. To learn more about this topic, Lawren recommends you visit:

Master Internet Marketing for Less than $10 Bucks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

0 comments: